ThinkExist.com Quotes

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

In the beginning...

So, I'm attempting to get all computer and technologically savvy with my new blog. We'll see whether that actually works. The problem is, I don't think I usually have anything incredibly interesting to say. At the same time, it might be fun to use this as a sort of journal or diary. It feels like I have a lot going on right now. I actually signed my divorce papers, so maybe I won't stay illegally separated or whatever for the next five years. I'm getting an apartment, if the apartment company can manage to not give away my apartment again. And, my boyfriend is moving up here after doing the long distance relationship thing for more than a year.

I've been living back at home for 13 months, so I think it will be really nice to be out on my own again. I think I may go broke doing it, but it wouldn't be any fun otherwise. My sister said that I needed to be an adult now, after living back with mom and dad (should I be insulted??), so I'm attempting to be one. I know that my pending divorce and all makes my family wonder about my sense, or lack thereof, and whether I know what I want to do with my life. Perhaps they have a right to worry; afterall, I guess that's what family is made for. I don't know what I want to do with myself. Half the time I think I want to go back to law school. The other half I get excited because my boss thinks I'm a good social worker. The problem is, doing the right things as a social worker sometimes feels very wrong. If you are a social worker, you probably know what I mean...

So, how do I go about being an adult? The first thing is to get my own place. Doing that in the DC Metro area can cost way more than should be legal. I want a one-bedroom apartment. Yeah, so if I want a one-bedroom apartment, and I don't want my car to get stolen during the night, AND I don't want to get mugged coming into said apartment, I have to pay something like $1100. Does this seem insane to anyone else?

Okay, since I should be working right now, I'm going to end my first posting right here. Yes, it's in the middle of a thought, and I shouldn't stop it so abruptly. However, I'm sure the next few postings will be about how I'm going to attempt to grow up and try to act my age. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home