ThinkExist.com Quotes

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hot weather and Yoda

My mom is downtown this afternoon so we thought we would have lunch together. That means that we both walk about 3 blocks (I think it's a little less from her building) and go to McDonald's. Well, when we got in McDonald's, the fire alarm started going off and an automated voice prompted everyone to leave the building. That message excluded mostly everyone in McDonald's apparently, and since we didn't see anyone on fire, we stayed in line to get some food. But then my mom was nervous about staying in the restaurant for lunch. So we took our food (my quarter pounder and fries and her bag of apples) and stood outside. To eat lunch. In the 90 degree heat. (But we were in the shade, so that made it all better.) It was hot. And I'm not in hot weather apparel because I have to go to Court so I was trying to look at least somewhat presentable. It was hot. Plus I got blisters on my feet from wearing a new pair of shoes. And...did I mention it was hot? So, so far it's been kind of a not so great day.

So, what could be better on this fine (read this as HOT) day but to make a list of the best Yoda quotes (or at least the ones that I know or the ones that I can find). Feel free to add some to the list.

1. Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
2. Much to learn you still have.
3. When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.
4. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
5. Size matters not. Judge me by my size do you?
6. [Luke] I can't believe it. [Yoda] That is why you fail.
7. Wars not make one great.
8. Already know you that which you need.
9. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.
10. Help you I can, yes.
11. May the force be with you.

OK, so I was aiming for 10. I'll give you that extra one for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home