ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, August 16, 2004

Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Everyone keeps asking when am I gonna post again, which is cool because that means people are actually reading this blog. But, now the pressure is on to write something, and I just don't know what to write.

OK, since I wrote those first two sentences, I do have something to write. Robbie is psychologically stable enough to work for UMCP, and so he is moving up here! YAY!!!

My first dilemma is what am I going to sleep on when I move into my new apartment. I have no bed to take with me. I guess I'll be sleeping on my futon until I get a bed. I know it sounds like a lovely plan. However, I don't think futons are known for being incredibly comfortable. So, despite the fact that I'm very excited about moving in to the apartment and all, I may be very cranky next week from not getting a good night's sleep (and as everyone knows, the Moien girls' favorite past time is sleeping!).

So here's my next dilemma. I was all excited about getting accessories for my new bathroom at my new apartment (I know, I'm so easy to please). I wanted to get a very feminine kind of theme - you know, like purple, maybe butterflies, something like that. Well, now that Robbie is for certain coming up to the DC Area, he isn't keen on having butterflies on the shower curtain. He wants something more gender neutral. Isn't it just a bathroom? Does it really matter whether you have a plain blue shower curtain or one with butterflies on it? We discussed like a shower curtain with fishes on it, which is a possibility (if I can find one) and then decorating with one of the colors from the fish shower curtain. But then, I won. He said that I could decorate any way that I like. But I know he was just being nice, and that he would be much happier with something sans flowers and butterflies and everything feminine. So, I'll see what I can do.

In a week, I'll have my own apartment with the accessories that I picked out, and lots of boxes with stuff that I have no idea what to do with. I packed boxes this weekend, and I have so much useless stuff that I can't bear to get rid of. But, I don't know where I'm going to put all this stuff either. I'll give an example. I found my ID holder from when I was an undergrad at UMCP. I graduated from UMCP in May 2000. Inside this ID holder was every registration card from my four years at UM. Which means, I had 9 registration cards (8 semesters, plus one summer semester), and I did not want to throw it away! What use do I have for registration cards from a school that I have not attended for four years??? So I went against my better judgment...And threw it all away. It was sad.

The other weird thing I found in packing stuff up at James' house, where most of my belongings still reside, is finding all of this "us" stuff. Wedding pictures, shower pictures, honeymoon souvenirs. Neither of us really wants to throw this stuff away. However, neither of us wants to keep it either. We decided to put it all in a box, and put in the attic at James' house. No matter what happened in the end, there were happy times between us, and throwing away that stuff is like throwing away the good times and the relationship as a whole. It seems like, overall, both he and I are in a good place right now, each in our own lives, and in our friendship. We are getting along much better than I can even remember. And we both have a lot of good things going on in our lives.

But, I digress. What have I learned thus far? Getting an apartment is a difficult and stressful task to undertake. Waiting to hear about getting a job is even more stressful (even if it's not my job I'm waiting to hear about!). But most important, I'm growing up. I'm becoming a responsible adult (ewww!). Overall, life is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so I'm lazy as well. You make growing up sound like something bad. Being a responsible adult is where the fun begins!!

I am not much for butterflies either but fishs are always good. When you said you threw it all away, did you mean that whole box or just that one item. We're going to sign you and mom up for the Clean Sweep TV show!!!

Anyways, you'll have a blast in your own place butterflies or fishes - take some pictures and send them to me. Kath

Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home