ThinkExist.com Quotes

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wal-Mart, Part two

It's kind of funny. I was looking at some of my past posts on this blog. One of them was saying how nice and stable all of my cases were and how pleasant that was. Yeah, now I have cases just flying off everywhere, nothing seems to be right. I have people calling me four times a day about some of my cases, yelling at me, complaining at me about things that I have no control over. It's just a mess. So much for the nice calm...I guess it was more the calm before the storm.

However, I was not intending to complain about work on here. Instead, I was going to discuss the merits of Wal-Mart. On a previous post, I discussed reasons that I dislike Wal-Mart. Those reasons still hold true. There are scary people at Wal-Mart. They come in all sorts of clothing - pajamas, curlers, spandex (those are mostly the people who ought to stay away from any kind of stretchy clothing). Some of them are so ghetto. Then we have the store itself. There are usually items strewn all over the place. Items aren't in the right place (thongs in the section with printers, and such). The most astonishing thing is, for all that is wrong with Wal-Mart, the lines are always so long that you have to wait twenty minutes to pay for all of the stuff that you didn't need anyways.

But, I am ashamed to say, lately I have gone to Wal-Mart on a couple of different occasions. Robbie said he needed to buy flip-flops and the first words out of my mouth were "Oh, we can get some cheap ones at Wal-Mart." AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Oh my gosh, what is wrong with me? And a few weeks ago, Robbie's sister was wearing this cute bathing suit and she said she got it at Wal-Mart. So what did I do?? I went to Wal-Mart to look at their bathing suits (no matter that I already had six). And I even bought one! It's like a disease or something! Maybe it's just called being poor, but I just don't know. I mean, things are generally cheaper at Wal-Mart. And, some people don't have such a negative view of the store, since there are always four million people crammed into the store at any given time. I just didn't think that I would be one of those people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home