ThinkExist.com Quotes

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Stuff

I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me complain on this blog. Tough. When things are going well, I feel like I don't have anything to write about. Maybe I'm really a glass is half empty kind of girl. I'm annoyed at my supervisor. She gave us this long speech a few weeks ago about how important supervision is, and how we need to make an effort to have supervision. Some of us made the comment that when we have come to have supervision, my supervisor has had people in her office. She said that if that happens, she will ask those people to leave because that is our time to meet. Well, the past three weeks since she has made that little speech, I have not had supervision. Today, I went at my appointed time, and she had people in her office. And, instead of having them leave, she said it was "a necessary staffing" and that we could meet in a few minutes. I have now gone back to her office three times and she isn't even there. If supervision is so important, why is it that I NEVER have it? Today when I went into her office and she was too busy to meet with me, I suggested that we change my supervision time, as she never seems to be available to me at that time. She didn't really say anything. One of her main problems is that she does not mark off our supervision time in her calendar. Then, she schedules meetings and all sorts of other stuff there so that when I come to meet with her at our scheduled time, she is busy or not there! It is soooo frustrating! I have had this same time with her since January, and I have not had supervision more times than I have!

I guess I'll try to write about something happy now. Things are going well at home. Robbie and I are getting along really well despite having to learn how to deal with each other's little habits. One issue is that neither of us is all that fond of cleaning (I guess nobody is). So we have to push ourselves to do chores. They are getting done, albeit slowly. We also don't like cooking much, though he has made more dinners than I have.

I have been getting a chance to read some, especially when Robbie is at work on Saturdays and the few late nights that he has worked. I finished
Deception Point last week. I enjoyed it, but I think that Dan Brown's more recent books were better. When I get a chance, I'm going to read the first book that Dan Brown wrote, Digital Fortress, as I heard it was good as well. I'm currently reading Donnie Brasco. I can't remember why, but for some reason Robbie and I were talking about the Mafia one day, and he said I should read this book. I never saw the movie, so I don't know anything about it. So far, it's interesting. I know very little about the Mafia, so thus far it is keeping my attention. We'll see if I still like it after 300 more pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home