ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, October 18, 2004

Pillow talk

The solution to my sleep difficulties, it seems, lies in my pillow. The pillows that I have been using were brought with Robbie when he came up. They were, in a word, sad. I think that they were, perhaps, brought with him across the Atlantic and from Washington. So, I thought it was time to get some new pillows. Enter WalMart, stage right. We went to WalMart, and since everything is always cheap there, we decided to get two thick pillows. They were nice. New. Plump. Looked good for sleeping upon. So, we moved the old nearly-dead pillows into the hall closet (for out best visitors, of course!) and put the new pillows on the bed. Now comes the sleepless nights. I think I slept fine for a few nights. But then, I couldn't sleep! For like four nights! That's hell when you want to concentrate at work, and when you are prone to getting migraines, it's no fun either. Robbie suggested that perhaps the problem was the pillow. (I hate when he turns out to be correct!) So, in the middle of one sleepless night, I got up and grabbed the better of the dead pillows from the closet. And now, I have slept very well the past couple of nights. So, I guess even if pillows look like they could use updating, consider how well you sleep before doing so. I now have one dead and one brand new pillow for overnight guests to choose from :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home