ThinkExist.com Quotes

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Ocean City

This weekend, we went to Ocean City for the day. I haven't been to Ocean City in like six years, and from what I remember, it was beginning to get a little sketchy back then. There were all these rowdy kids (rowdier than I was, I'm sure) and half of them always seemed high. So, even though we went after Labor Day, I wasn't sure what to expect to see when we got there.

So, what did we see? About ten thousand bikers! Yay! It was somewhat overwhelming being surrounded by motorcycles and bikers and all. But, it was also kinda cool to see all the different bikes. Robbie was sure to point out to me the 43 different colors that he would like and the 16 different motorcycles that he would like to get. Now, I guess all we need is some money for said bike...

I like going to the beach. What I enjoy is laying out in the sun listening to music or reading. What I don't enjoy is going in the ocean. Well, I went in the ocean with Robbie, who was just completely thrilled to be in the water. I ended up ingesting more salt water than can be healthy and had more sand in my bathing suit than there was on the beach. Also, it is important to note, when going in the ocean, especially when there have recently been hurricanes in the vicinity, the waves tend to be really big. And when you are in really big waves, it is best to NOT WEAR A BIKINI. Yeah, I learned this from experience. 'Nuf said.

We had fun down there on Saturday (aside from my ocean-going mishaps). We got to wander up and down the boardwalk. We had lunch with Mom and Dad, who were up at the motorcycle show, sans motorcycle. (Now, does that make any sense?) And, I got tattooed! Hehe! If you are curious, ask me :-P

Since I'm updating my blog at work, I don't have any of the pictures with me. I'll post a few pictures of our trip tonight (as well as take pictures of the apartment and post them!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home