ThinkExist.com Quotes

Saturday, August 21, 2004

So close, yet so far

I was so close. It was mine. I overnighted the lease to Robbie. He signed all three copies, 13 pages each, notarized it, and overnighted it back to me. I got it on Thursday. At last, the apartment was to be mine. Alas, it was not to be.

Robbie did not sign the first page of the lease. He did not realize that he had to sign next to his name (where it was highlighted). Unbeknownst to us, the first page was the most important page of the entire lease. They would not let me move in because, although the next 12 pages were signed and notarized, the first page was not signed. To get me into the apartment today, I offered to pay the rent for September upon move in. Well, now that might work, said Holly at the rental office. Let me call my manager and see what we can work out. Alas, the manager, both of the managers, actually, does not work on weekends, and apparently does not return calls either. Although they were called several times throughout the day, by the end of the Saturday workday, I had no news about my apartment. Now, I think that it would be fair for them to take a month and a half worth of rent from me, in exchange for a faxed signature from Robbie, and the promise that he will sign the lease first thing on Sunday, August 29. My new friend Holly, who I spoke to about 20 times during the past week, felt so bad about the problem, and really hopes that she will be able to get me the apartment, at the very latest, by tomorrow. But, that possibility is looking dim right now.

Even though this is all Robbie’s fault (he even ADMITTED it), I still love him, and won’t hold it against him. Well, not for too long anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home