ThinkExist.com Quotes

Friday, August 20, 2004

Your online payment has been received

I think I must be the only person in the world who looks forward to pay day in order to pay bills. Yep. I don't want pay day to get here so I can go get that cute new pair of shoes or a fall purse (though, undoubtedly, there are a cute pair of shoes and a new purse that I would like to get). Every other Friday, I rush to get to the online banking website to ensure that my check was deposited. And in the following fifteen minutes, I distribute my entire paycheck to different companies that I am keeping in business: CarMax Auto Finance, Geico, Sallie Mae, etc. The newest addition to this paying frenzy will be my rent payment, which will begin with the prorated amount tomorrow morning. Yet, I get excited about paying bills. I realize this doesn't make sense, and that Americans would rather spend money on things other than bills. I would, too. However, it feels good to see the bills getting smaller, and eventually (hopefully within my lifetime), there will be fewer people for whom I am paying their paychecks. I know that too many Americans are in debt. I'm striving so that soon there is one less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home