ThinkExist.com Quotes

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Musings

I feel like I should be writing on here and updating the fun and exciting happenings of my life. Alas, there isn't a whole lot to write about right now. Plus, I have no idea who, if anyone, is still staying updated on my life via this blog, or if the novelty has worn off. But, I feel like I should write, and so write I will.

Let's see. Robbie has been up here for like 13 days (I'm not counting or anything). I think I finally feel like it's my own apartment, because I know that I can wander around naked when I get out of the shower if I want without the fear that someone might see me. But, it still kind of feels like Robbie is on an extended vacation, and that he'll be going back to South Carolina soon. I can't quite explain why, and my cousin basically told me not to overanalyze the situation. But, it bugs me. We both get up every morning and go to work. We have both gone grocery shopping. Robbie has done a bunch of stuff for the apartment, including stuff like getting the phone and cable hooked up. We also both have done some cleaning in the apartment (although one of us doesn't seem to like doing dishes so much). Still, it feels like soon he is going to go home. All I can figure is that we visited each other once a month for so many months, this just feels like September's visit. I'm really glad that he's not going anywhere. (I'm not sure he would agree with my sentiment, but he hasn't left yet, so that must be a plus.) Maybe by October, the realness of the situation will sink in. We'll see.

I keep meaning to take pictures of the apartment and post them on here, but then I get home and forget. I guess maybe I need to post notes all over the place to remind me to do it.

Living in an apartment is a new experience for me. I'm not sure what the people on the floor above me are doing. Either they are
sumo wrestling every night, or it's just really easy to hear when people above are walking around. I have yet to see any 800 pound Japanese men come into our building, so I'm guessing that the latter statement is true. I wonder what I sound like walking across the apartment to the people below me?

I'm currently reading a book called
Truth & Beauty. I'm not sure how I feel about it, even though I'm two-thirds of the way done. It's kind of an interesting story about life and friendship. It's one of those books that you should read when you think that you have a rough life. However, the main character, Lucy, is so clingy and needy that I'm not sure I like her.

OK, I think I'm done for right now. This was one of those posts that really has no point, but it's still a stress reliever to just sit and write for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home