ThinkExist.com Quotes

Friday, October 01, 2004

There's no excuse

Since I'm getting harassed for not posting, I'm trying to come up with an excuse. My dog didn't die. My car didn't break down (I guess that's not really applicable anyways.) I've actually been kind of busy. But still, it doesn't feel like anything post-worthy has been going on. In short, I don't have an excuse for not posting; I just haven't done so.

Lessee...I'm the discussant for my book group this Sunday. I am discussing
The Da Vinci Code. I read it once before, about a year ago, so I'm trying to finish reading it again so I can remember exactly what happened. I'm on about page 170 out of about 450, so it looks like I may be in trouble. I guess I'll spend most of Saturday reading so I can try to finish. I really liked this book and would recommend it. However, Dan Brown's first book, Angels & Demons, was better. I would highly recommend that one to everyone. It was entertaining, educational, and suspenseful. What more could one want in a book?

I assisted a coworker with a removal yesterday. She had to remove nine children from their parents. This one wasn't as traumatizing for me as my other removals as we picked the children up at school, not from their home. I guess it was also less stressful for me because I didn't know the children. But, even so, doing removals - in a word - sucks. It's sad and stressful, and it is the least fun part of my job. I realized yesterday that I have good social work skills. I was able to get three little kids (6- and 8-year-old males and a 5-year-old female) to talk to me immediately. They were friendly and even well-behaved. This was shocking in and of itself! But of course they were asking where they were going and started saying they wanted to go home. And even when home is definitely not the place for these children to be, it is so sad. These children are so resilient. I can not imagine how I would have been if I had been taken from my parents and put in some stranger's house. But, that's enough sad stuff.

I got to spend several days last week with my sister. That was really nice, as I had not seen her in a year and a half. I'm going to try to plan a trip out to Santa Barbara in the near future. I'll have to see if she has any pictures that are post-worthy.

I was very excited that
American Dreams came back on last Sunday night. I don't have many TV shows that I must see, but that is one of them. I guess it's my soap opera, my little escape from reality for an hour. I love it. I would recommend it.

Since the highlights of this post are a book and a TV show, it's obvious that I don't have much of a life. But, I'm okay with that. I'll post again when I think of something exciting to talk about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home