ThinkExist.com Quotes

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Just plain tired

I seem to be having trouble sleeping the past couple of nights. Like, I can't fall asleep for several hours, and I can't stay asleep for long periods of time. As a Moien girl, this is disconcerting, because usually we can sleep anywhere at any time. I don't really understand why this phenomenon is occurring. I have thought about all the usual suspects regarding sleep problems: caffeine before bed; too much sleep earlier in the day; stress. So, let's rule them out one by one. 1) I'm addicted to caffeine. I admit it. I'm a caffeine junkie. But, as such, drinking caffeine close to bedtime does not do anything for me. Plus, I don't think I have actually had much caffeine at night recently. 2) As mentioned previously, in a Moien girl, there is rarely such a thing as too much sleep. People who know us well (us being me, Mom, Kath) know that we enjoy sleep very much. We can sleep in cars, on airplanes, on beds, couches, chairs, the floor, etc. I did take a nap yesterday afternoon because I hadn't slept the night before. But it was not a very restful nap, and I don't think it would have affected my sleep last night. 3) What is stress? I think I'm usually stressed out. And it has kept me up before. However, work is going pretty well right now. I'm feeling pretty good about my cases, I'm ahead of the game on just about everything. I don't know what would have been stressing me out. Usually, when I'm stressed, I lay in bed and think about what I'm stressing over. But, the past two nights, I have been laying there thinking about nothing except wanting to fall asleep. It's not like I'm going to bed and I'm not tired. I am tired! My eyes are droopy as I lay on the couch! I'm ready to crash and sleep for like 12 hours. But, then I get in bed - and nothing happens. My body is being very cruel!

In other news, I had to go to the DC Superior Court today to pick up drug test results for one of my 12-year-old clients as well as his mother. On the plus side, both of them are testing negative, and have been doing so for a while. On the minus side, there were really scary people there drug testing. I didn't fit in. They were looking at me like, what are you doing here? You are in the wrong place. I felt like I was in the wrong place, too. Luckily, I didn't have to stay long. I got my drug test results and walked really quickly out of that area. (I know...I'm such a princess!)

I feel like I should write more, but have no clue what else to say. I'm realizing that I could never be a writer for a living. I seem to have perpetual writer's block! C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home