ThinkExist.com Quotes

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Not tonight honey, I have a headache

OK, so I never say that. (Mom, if you are reading this, you can pretend that you didn't read that first line!) But, I do get headaches. And, lately, I feel like I'm getting more headaches. I don't really understand why. I don't really feel like anything has changed. I don't feel more stressed out, I can't track any foods that appear to be the culprits. I just don't get it. So, I broke down and went back to the neurologist. She gave me more prescriptions. She restarted a prescription that I took myself off of (she asked why I stopped taking it, and I couldn't remember! I'm such a bad person!). And, she gave me a prescription for a CAT scan. Some medical things are worded so funny. The prescription said "CT scan of head and contents." If they don't take a scan of the contents of the head, they really won't get much of anything, will they?

This brought up a scary thought though: What if they do a scan and there are no contents in my head??? Which would bring up another question: If there is nothing in my head, then would it be inaccurate to say that all of my brilliance and intelligence is all in my head??? (hehehe) OK, I'll stop, although I am amusing myself. :)

I guess the scarier thought is that the CAT scan will show something that is not supposed to be there, instead of showing that nothing is there at all. You always hear about these people who die of an aneurysm, and the only symptoms they had were really severe headaches. But, since thinking about what they might find will only stress me out, I won't think about that. Wish me luck though that I pass my CAT scan!

In other news...
I usually keep politics and religion out of my blog. Nobody really gives a damn about my political thoughts, and I'll get all sorts of nasty emails if I got into religion. So, we aren't going there. But, I did read an interesting article on
The Washington Post webpage about Bush and religion. Like I said, I'm not going into the political stuff on this blog, but it has some interesting stuff on there, like "George Bush did what God wanted him to do." Yeah. OK. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home