ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, November 29, 2004

Finally!

I'm finally getting around to updating my blog. I know everyone has been holding their breath until my next post. I've been so busy though I just haven't had time. This time, that's actually true (sort of). I had gotten used to updating during work hours. However, I was really busy at work right before we went on vacation. Things got really crazy last Tuesday, the day we were leaving for South Carolina, and we didn't end up leaving DC until almost 7 p.m. Three hours later, after we had traveled a whopping 55 miles (yes, over a three hour time period) we decided to stop at a Waffle House and have a yummy dinner. Then, I picked up the driving. However, by 1 a.m. I was sooo tired, and we had to stop in North Carolina and sleep.

Our vacation was nice (well, as nice as a vacation can be when it is with family). We got to spend Thanksgiving with some of Robbie's relatives. Then, on Black Friday, we braved a couple of stores for some Christmas shopping. Interestingly enough, the only things that we bought were for ourselves :-D Saturday, we went to Charleston to see some more of Robbie's family, and we went to eat at this really good restaurant called
California Dreaming. We then drove through a three-mile loop of an amazing Christmas light display. There were some really cool lights, however the pictures we took don't do them justice. Once I find Robbie's camera, maybe I'll post one or two of the pictures.

This week, I want to go to Target or Walmart or Lowe's to get some Christmas decorations. We are going to go on Saturday and cut down a Christmas tree at a tree farm. I'm so excited. I love Christmas, and I get into the decorating and all that fun stuff. Robbie was telling me about how he used to go out and shoot mistletoe out of trees when he was younger. We probably won't go to that extent, but it will be fun just the same.

I am about halfway through the Dan Brown book
Digital Fortress (last of the books that I have read, first that Dan Brown wrote). As was all of the others, this one is good. The characters aren't quite as well developed, but I'm quite enjoying the book. It will probably get sent out to California for Kath to read when I'm done with it (under the guise of a Christmas present).

Anyways, I guess that's all for now. I'll try to be more diligent about updating more often.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spend a lot of time at Wal-Mart ;-0 Do you own stock in them or something?? Joking. I can't wait until you post the pictures of the lights!! That's so awesome and amazing.

I love Christmas too b/c it's a great time to go SHOPPING and that's all I want to do!!!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home