ThinkExist.com Quotes

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Getting old

I'm turning old tomorrow. Or I guess I'm turning older, not necessarily old (my sister might beat me with a stick if I say I'm old). I have felt kind of frazzled today at work. Court went well, because I finally closed a case! Yay! I feel like hard work and diligence paid off! Well, it sounds good anyways. And it's nice to get praise and recognition from judges and lawyers, because it doesn't happen that much. But I always make an effort to turn my court reports in on time (which technically means ten business days before court). Not many social workers actually do that. Well, the judge and one of the attorneys gave me recognition for such a timely court report. It made me feel good. I guess I should feel good because I know I'm doing the best I can do. But praise helps, too :)

I planned to bust my butt and do a court report and social summary from the time court ended (so, say about 12:30) until my home visit, which I have to leave for at 6:30. I was going to get so much accomplished. Well, a coworker called in sick, and so now I have to spend the afternoon taking two of my kids to therapy, which is not a difficult task, it is just extremely time consuming. Therapy is at 4:15, but I have to leave at 3 to go get the kids, take them to therapy, and then take them home afterwards, which burns my entire afternoon. So, instead of getting to work on all of my stuff, I will be busy from 3 until probably about 5:45. I guess I can work from 5:45 until 6:30, but by then I'm just going to be drained, cranky, and tired. I completed my court report, so I'm taking a few moments to just unwind and write before I have to go play chauffeur.

Back to my birthday :) I'm excited. I always get excited for my birthday, although I'm not sure why. It's not because of presents or whatever. I think I just like the attention (hehehe!). I'm taking off work to just relax tomorrow. And when you say it's your birthday, everyone is like, "Oh, happy birthday!" like that's the best thing they have heard all day. But, again, like the praise, it's nice to hear :)

I'm just all about myself today... :-P

1 Comments:

Blogger EW said...

How old are you going to be? Can you believe I'm in my thirties... I'm OLD - not you!

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 9:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home