ThinkExist.com Quotes

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue

Being Veteran's Day, it seems appropriate to write something about our men and women who are currently and have, in the past, served our country. I hope that everyone in this country thinks about them, prays for them, and thanks them on a daily basis for what they give up for us. I have only really known two people who have served in our armed forces - my brother-in-law and my boyfriend. Unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot about Mike when he was in the Navy. I know that he spent a good deal of time away from his family, and he was willing to go out and die for his country. Robbie, who has only been out of the Army for a year, has a very real chance of being recalled to assist his country in the war against terrorism. Robbie saw things and experienced things that he would never want to again. He spent five years away from his family and loved ones, and was put in harm's way. He has the very real possibility of being called back up to go to the Middle East, and he would go without question if he were called. How many of us can honestly say that we would, willingly, put ourselves in danger for our country? Sitting here watching Saving Private Ryan, it gives me renewed appreciation of those that serve our country. I am in awe of the strength and bravery that it must take to put one's country ahead of oneself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is like so totally important to support the troops no matter what. I mean, they are like defending our freedom and I'm like sick of people who speak out against our country. Freedom isn't free people! Just to show how much I support everything the troops do, I bought sixteen "support the troops" bumper stickers and put them all over the back of my car. Now I can't even see out the rear window but now everyone in my neighborhood knows that I totally support them.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home