ThinkExist.com Quotes

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Walmart and such

Like I anticipated, I did nothing today. Robbie slept most of the day since he worked all night. I enjoyed the quiet of the house and read into the middle of the afternoon. I got up and cleaned up the kitchen for a little while. Then I read some more. I had planned to wash a couple of loads of laundry, but Robbie woke up and said we could do it tomorrow. And, being the slug that I have been all day, I said okay. So then, I read some more.

I finished up The Brethren. It was pretty good, not as good as some of Grisham's earlier novels. But, it kept my interest and I finished it pretty quickly. I think I'm going to start on Digital Fortress next. I have read all of Dan Brown's other novels, and I'm curious to see how this one ranks.

I need to go to
Walmart. That will probably be one of the only things that gets accomplished tomorrow. I'll get up and go to Church, maybe get one or two loads of clothes washed, and hopefully get out to Walmart. I usually go to Target instead of Walmart for a variety of reasons. One, Target is closer. There is a Target that is about five minutes away whereas Walmart is a good fifteen or twenty minutes from my house. Two, Target has more upscale products. In general, I would rather buy something from Target, such as underwear or the like, than I would from Walmart. Third, Walmart usually has scary people shopping in their stores. If you have never heard it, I urge you to listen to Rodney Carrington's routine about Walmart. The most disturbing part about it is that most of what he says is true. But, I digress. As I said, I need to go to Walmart to get some dishes. We have been in this apartment for going on three months, and we have five plates to eat off of. And, two of those plates are my mom's. Same goes for bowls. So, I want to go to Walmart to get a set of Corelle dishes. They are not good and expensive like Pfaltzgraff or Lenox. But, it will give me another four plates and bowls so I don't have to wash dishes so often. I need a few other items that I can get from Walmart (toiletries and the such). But, the main part of my mission is to get dishes. Robbie says that we can use paper plates, but it would be nice to have some sort of set of dishes that we can use if and when we decide to have people come over to our apartment. So, my day tomorrow will prove to be as uneventful and mundane as today was. How is it that every weekend I plan to get so much done, and when the weekend finally gets here, it flies by and nothing gets accomplished?

3 Comments:

Blogger EW said...

Underwear from Target? I thought you were a strictly Victoria's Secret kind of girl? :P

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Usually, I only buy at Victoria's Secret. But, I must admit, I have bought underwear at Target. They have some cute stuff sometimes!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 9:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT WAL-MART. I'VE NEVER LAUGHED HARDER IN MY ENTIRE LFE.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home