ThinkExist.com Quotes

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Green line

I don't know what others' experiences are on the Metro, but I encounter a lot of interesting people during my daily rides. I ride the Green line, and it appears that every young hoodlum-in-training rides the same train. The most annoying people on the trains are as follows:

  • All these teenagers saying the most vulgar and vile things to one another...and it isn't like everyone else in the train car can't hear their conversations.
  • The people who talk on their cell phones - nevermind the fact that in the tunnels you can barely get a signal, if at all, and thus said people end up screaming into their telephones. Again, this means that everyone on the train can hear their conversations. It's like a freaking Verizon commercial...Can you hear me now? Hello?? Can you hear me?? Are you still there??? HELLO????
  • The people who stare at you. Now, I understand that there are only so many things that one can look at during a 30 minute train ride. You are bound to look at the same person more than once. But some people just flat out stare at you. Good gracious, take a picture, it will last longer!
  • The people who sit next to you and lean over to see what you are reading. Um, yeah, maybe I should just GIVE YOU MY BOOK so you don't strain your neck trying to read the next paragraph. I'm sorry, were you finished with that page?
  • The people who get on the train and begin preaching the Word of God. I don't think I need to elaborate on this. For a really funny description of this on a New York train, see New York Intern's blog.
  • The people who don't realize that when wearing headphones, one is not supposed to sing out loud so that other's can hear you! And, the people that do this aren't rock stars, will never be rock stars, are never going to be given recording contracts. They are more like the ones that are booed off the stage at the Apollo.
  • The people who don't realize that when wearing headphones, the whole train is not supposed to hear what is going through said headphones.
  • The people who incessantly scream at their children throughout the entire ride. Sit down! Didn't I tell you to sit down! Sit your ass down now! (Remember, I ride the ghetto train.) IF YOU GET UP ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU! *SMACK* Then, when they get to their stops, they grab the child's arm and drag the child off the train. It always looks like the child's arm is gonna be dislocated or something. Yeah, how do you spell child abuse?
  • The people who let their children run like wild animals through the train. If I wanted to see animals, I would have taken the Red line to the zoo.

I'm sure there are other obnoxious and annoying people that I am leaving out, so this is by no means an exhaustive list. I guess these are the ones that I encounter most regularly. Happy Metroing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home