ThinkExist.com Quotes

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

So long...

No, not like, "So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye." More like, it has been so long since I posted something. Yes, I'm weird. No, not weird - unique! :) Anyways, life has been busy. I have been crazy busy at work, writing five court reports in the span of a week and a half. I have four hearings this month, the first of which was today. The judge was displeased with me, which was a first (although apparently this judge is always displeased).

The only big news for right now: Robbie got offered a job on the UMCP police force. So he is gonna be a police officer! YAY! I think I'm yaying more for him, not really for me. For me, it becomes lonely nights and ulcers from being worried all the time, but at least he will be happy.

I have started seriously working on my crocheting. I was working on what I thought was going to be a scarf. Well, I guess about 15 rows into it, I realized it was not going out straight like a scarf should, but was turning more and more into a triangle shape. This is not bad for, say, a pot holder. However, it is bad for a scarf. So, I read my nifty directions, and it turns out I was missing the important step that kept it from going into a triangle. So, as I had used half of my ball of yarn, I started over with a new color. Now, it's coming along at a slow pace, but it is still straight! YAY!!! I never knew I would or could get excited about crocheting, but indeed I am. If it keeps progressing, I may even post a picture to show the finished (or sort of finished) product. When we were out buying yarn, Robbie found a website on one of the yarns where you can get
free patterns! I was excited about this, until I went to the site. Most of it is for people who know what they are doing, which doesn't include me. But, I'm learning, so when I learn to do more, I'll try one of those patterns. For now, I will finish my scarf, and then I am going to try to work on an afghan (ha! I'll keep y'all posted on how well that's going!).

Oh well, since the bulk of my blog has to do with crocheting, I guess my life is undeniably dull right now. But, I'm okay with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home