ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, March 07, 2005

You do your job, I'll do mine!

I sometimes get so frustrated at work. First off, I don't have much to do. All of my cases (thank goodness) are pretty much stable. Nobody is really having any issues. This makes my job easy, but it also makes my job boring. The things that I need to do, I am dependent on someone else doing their job first. I have to make a referral for a child to get an OT evaluation. However, I can't do that until someone else calls and gets referrals. I have a couple of similar situations. There are also some people that I have had to go visit multiple times to get them off their butts so that they will do what they need to do so that I can do what I need to do. Friday I went back and forth with people so much I got so frustrated and fed up I just left early. I consider myself to be a hard worker and a good social worker, but it's so annoying when I have to wait for others to do their jobs!

OK, enough ranting. I would like to begin looking at houses in our area. The problem is, I'm not sure what Robbie and I can afford. And housing prices have gotten completely ridiculous. I offered to buy James out of our house (technically it is still ours) but he said no. So, I'm gonna start looking to see what's available, and I guess start talking to a real estate agent. It's a shame that everything costs money. Life would be a lot easier otherwise.

Robbie's been away all last week and he'll be away all this week. It's kind of weird being in my apartment by myself. It is actually the longest that I've "lived" by myself. I know, it's sad. But, sometimes it's nice having the apartment to myself. The television has barely been on all week. I have been able to sit and read or crochet, or whatever I want to do. Don't get me wrong. Living with Robbie is wonderful. He and I do get along really well, and we don't really have any issues about me reading or the TV being on or whatever. But, when I'm by myself, I can do WHATEVER I WANT! By the end of the week it will be nice having him home though. It was nice having him home this weekend.

Anyways, nothing else is going on in my life at the moment. I guess I'll go back to being bored at work. Maybe I can light a fire under someone and actually get something done today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home